Decide which mounting type is suitable
With direct mounting you can take advantage of the reliable function without spending much time and effort for mounting. The lubrication system is directly screwed into the lubrication point and ensures high process reliability by continuously supplying fresh lubricant.
Remote mounting might be required if your answer to one of the following questions is „YES“:
- Is it necessary to remove protective covers or screens in order to reach the lubrication point?
- Is it difficult or dangerous to reach the lubrication point during plant operation?
- Is the lubrication point subject to strong vibrations or high temperatures which may impair or damage the lubrication system?
- Is access permission required to reach lubrication points in secured areas or at great heights?
- Is the lubrication system exposed to the following:
- Large amounts of water (e.g. high pressure cleaning)
- Aggressive media from production (e.g. pumps in the chemical industry)
- Damage from solid substances (e.g. falling rocks in quarries)
Benefits: Direct mounting
- Little installation work required
- Automatic lubrication systems can be screwed into position by hand
- Immediate supply of lubrication points with fresh lubricant
Benefits: Remote mounting
- Relocate lubrication point to a safe area
- Vibrations at the lubrication point can be disregarded
- Automatic lubrication systems can be exchanged while the machine is in operation
1. Clean lube-point and remove grease fitting
2. Add sealant and screw reducer into lubrication point
3. Prefill lube-point and any grease lines / connections (use the same grease that is contained in the lubrication system)
4. Pressure check: Lube-point / all connecting parts (Accessory set for pressure test Part no. 101480)
Activation / Installation of Lubrication System
perma CLASSIC | perma FUTURA
perma FUTURA PLUS
perma FLEX | perma FLEX PLUS
perma NOVA | perma STAR VARIO
Installation of lubrication systems
1. Note activation / exchange date on label
2. Remove plug
3. Screw lubrication system into lube-point