In oil lubrication it is extremely important to apply just the right amount of lubricant. Not enough lubricant can be just as bad as too much lubricant.
The following aspects must be considered:
Potential dangers of over-lubrication
- Slipping hazard at the lubrication point
- Contamination of the environment
Severe wear from lubricant starvation
- Premature aging of chain pins and rollers
- Unpleasant noise development - squeaking
- Uneven chain movement - jerking
- System failures
Access to the system for lubrication or cleaning is not always possible or desired
- Additional night work increases maintenance costs
- Emergency shutdowns required
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- Protection against corrosion and contamination increases chain service life.
- Reduces oil consumption (up to 75%) and minimizes maintenance costs.
- perma lubrication systems can be remote mounted, away from moving machine parts. They are easy to access even during operation and tremendously increase workplace safety.
- Prevents contamination caused by too much lubricant and reduces the environmental impact.
Single-point Lubrication Systems:
Multi-point Lubrication Systems:
The primary aim of all operators is equipment safety and availability. Oil lubrication presents numerous problems, some of which can be solved with “intelligent” perma lubrication systems.
They provide timely and adequate lubrication which increases performance and extends equipment service life.