Lubrication points (roller bearings) are located on the drive shaft between drive motor and pump.
Lubrication of gland and labyrinth seals prevents the ingress of dirt or pumped media.
Bearings and bearing housing seals must be permanently supplied with the right lubricant in the amount specified by pump manufacturers.
Pumps are often operated under extreme conditions with heavy contamination from slurry or dust and hazardous materials such as acids.
- Dirt, water or other contaminants must not enter bearing points
Many lubrication points can only be accessed with extreme protection measures (safety gloves and protective masks). As a result, they are not lubricated as often as required or are completely neglected.
Insufficient lubrication of bearings and seals results in accelerated bearing wear and impeller gland leaks.
- Optimal and continuous lubrication with fresh lubricant during operation
- Operation in potentially explosive areas
- Workplace safety must be ensured
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- Automatic lubrication of difficult-to-access lubrication points increases workplace safety
- Precise discharge reduces lubricant consumption and environmental impact
- Less maintenance runs minimize the time workers spend in dangerous areas
- Some perma lubrication systems can be used underground and in potentially explosive areas
Direct mounting on the lubrication point:
e.g. perma FLEX
- Easy, quick mounting
- For lube-points with little vibration / shocks
- For easy-to-access and safe lubrication points
Remote mounting to the lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lube-points with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-access lubrication points
Pumps are the most important equipment of many applications and industries. A failing pump can stop the entire work- or production process. One of the main factors for trouble-free operation is effective lubrication. A regular injection of fresh, clean grease provides extra protection against ingress of dirt and water and will extend the service life of your pumps.