Pillow block housings and spherical roller bearings are used for drive / guide pulley support.
Bearings and bearing housing seals must be permanently supplied with lubricant.
Large conveyor systems often extend over several levels and are difficult to reach. Optimal lubrication should take place while the system is running.
Lubrication points are often neglected because they are located up high, around the back, or in places with little room to maneuver. Maintenance work in such areas during operation is extremely dangerous and jeopardizes workplace safety.
Insufficient lubrication causes premature equipment damage creating unscheduled and costly downtimes.
- Dirt and water must be kept from entering lubrication points
- Lubrication points must receive the right lubricant, in small amounts, at regular intervals
- No unnecessary system downtimes due to relubrication
- Ensure workplace safety
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- The lubricant seals lubrication points and prevents contamination
- Lubrication takes place while the system is running without interrupting the work process
- perma lubrication systems can be installed outside of danger zones (remote mounting), which drastically reduces the risk of accidents
- Precise lubricant discharge lowers lubricant consumption and environmental impact
Direct mounting on the lubrication point:
e.g. perma CLASSIC / perma FUTURA
- Easy, quick mounting
- For lube-points with little vibration / shocks
- For easy-to-access and safe lubrication points
Remote mounting to the lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lube-points with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-access lubrication points
Belt conveyors are one of the most widely used pieces of equipment in all kinds of industries. For smooth process flows it is essential that they operate efficiently with maximum availability. To prevent equipment failures, conveyors need optimal lubrication despite extreme operating conditions like dirt, dust and strong vibration. Unscheduled downtimes, costly repairs and emergency service calls make up a significant share of the operating costs.