Processing mineral rocks, mineral dust, binders (bitumen) and additives into asphalt mixture is a complex procedure. In addition to many safety aspects, staff and equipment are faced with tough challenges, such as varying temperatures, extreme dust and dirt, and hard-to-reach lubrication points. Continuous lubrication of machine elements is an important factor to prevent equipment breakdown and to increase economic efficiency.
Raw material processing
Raw material processing: Predosage Drying Transport Application: Metering devices, conveyors Drum driers Bucket conveyor, bucket elevator
Final processing and loading
Area: Weighing Mixing module Loading Application: Mineral flaps Mixing shafts, mixer flaps Concrete travelling buckets, loading flaps
Area: Filtering Conveying Area: Exhauster, trough screw conveyor Screw conveyor
- Dust, dirt, vibration
- Varying temperatures
- High energy costs
- Different lubrication points require different lubricants and lubricant amounts
- Hard-to-reach lubrication points
- Rotating machine parts hazard
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- Continuous relubrication at short intervals reduces wear and seals lubrication points to prevent contamination from dust and dirt.
- Scheduled exchanges of lubrication systems while machines are running reduces staff and material costs and increases economic efficiency.
- Automatic lubrication away from dangerous areas increases workplace safety.
- Individual lubrication reduces energy costs by up to 10%.
Direct mounting on lubrication point:
e.g. perma NOVA
- Electronic control unit with temperature compensation
- System operates reliably from -20 °C to +60 °C
- Dust-tight and protected against water jets
Remote mounting to lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lubrication with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-access lubrication points