Complex procedures are required to process mineral rock, rock dust, binder (bitumen) and additives into an asphalt mixture. There are numerous safety aspects to observe and great challenges for man and machine in the production process. Fluctuating temperatures and dirt and dust need to be handled. Continuous lubrication of machine elements is a key factor in preventing machine breakdowns and ensuring high productivity for the whole system.
Area: Pre-dosage Drying Transport Application: Metering devices, conveyors Drum driers Bucket conveyor, elevator Area: Weighing Mixing module Loading Application: Mineral flaps Mixing shafts, mixer flaps Concrete travelling buckets, loading flaps Area: Filtering Conveying Application: Exhauster, trough screw conveyor Screw conveyor
- Dust, dirt, vibration
- Varying temperatures
- High energy costs
- Different lubrication points require different lubricants and lubricant amounts
- Hard-to-reach lubrication points
- Rotating machine parts hazard
Advantages of automatic lubrication
- Continuous relubrication at short intervals reduces wear and seals lubrication points to prevent contamination from dust and dirt.
- Scheduled exchanges of lubrication systems while machines are running reduces staff and material costs and increases economic efficiency.
- Automatic lubrication away from dangerous areas increases workplace safety.
- Individual lubrication reduces energy costs by up to 10%.
Direct mounting on lubrication point:
e.g. perma NOVA
- Electronic control unit with temperature compensation
- System operates reliably from -20 °C to +60 °C
- Dust-tight and protected against water jets
Remote mounting to lubrication point:
e.g. perma STAR VARIO
- For lubrication with strong vibration / shocks (isolation of lubrication system)
- When workers’ safety is at risk: Mounting in safe areas
- For hard-to-access lubrication points